- 9.7-inch multi-touch screen
- 1.5 pounds
- runs apps from the Apple app store
- attachable physical keyboard with stand
- iBook app store for buying books
- starts at $499 for the 16gig Wi-Fi version!
- iPad also comes in 32 and 64 gig versions
Kindle is dead.
According to Apple, five of the biggest publishers have already signed up to support and contribute to the iBook catalog. The new interface on the iPad using multi-touch looks very cool and innovative. You can store your books on a virtual shelf for easy access. Of course the reader is in color so to me it was like comparing the first Nintendo Game Boy to the Sony PSP. Which one would you play? The interface is similar to the iTunes store with the added ease of the multi-touch interface and app-style speed.
Will the iPad make it easier for people to switch to eBook format? Is the iPad a Kindle killer? Leave us a comment below!
Josh Self is the editor of The Horse. He is also a photographer and blogger for Examiner.com.
Follow him on Twitter @joshself or any of the other social media sites on the right.